[Lazarus] IDE exceptions: how to get stack trace on Windows?

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Fri Oct 10 12:05:51 CEST 2008

Alexander Klenin pisze:
> When using Lazarus IDE, it sometimes fails with various exceptions.
> In order to debug, or at least identify the source of the problems I
> need additional info, such as stack trace.
> Is there an easy method to get that on Windows?
> The way I like best is to expand exception dialog with additional "Get
> stack dump" button,
> but maybe something like that is already implemented?

Use command line switch like :
lazarus.exe --debug-log=debug.log   (or other filename)

or rebuild lazarus IDe with console window enabled

or E:\projekty\flamenco\program\bin\flamenco.exe --debug-log=debug.log

Plenty of options.

Additionally (guessing here ) there is possibility to add
TApplication.OnException handler into lazarus IDE lpr and catch most of
exceptions here.Nice idea.

Boguslaw