[Lazarus] IDE exceptions: how to get stack trace on Windows?

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Fri Oct 10 14:58:42 CEST 2008

Alexander Klenin pisze:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 22:41, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tried using GDB too, that of course works, but is very inconvenient.
>
> For example, pressing F12 to show form designer leads to a SIGTRAP
> when lazarus is run under the gdb.
> Does anyone know why it does so and how to avoid it?

Well,what gdb version are you using ? I hope not based on cygwin ?
Anyway using --debug-log or just --debug command line switch or rebuild
with win32 console enabled is better choice.However gdb is very good in
resolving strange but narrow described problems IMHO.
Running IDE under gdb may be unstable because gdb does not know all
Object pascal structures.

Regards
Boguslaw