[Lazarus] infinite loop due no OnChange event firing

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 13 11:05:55 CEST 2008

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In tiOPF with LCL widgetset we hit a little snag. We react to the
> OnChange event of a TEdit. In GTK1 we have no issues. In GTK2 we get a
> core dump as soon as the text has changed (first key being pressed).
> Here is a discussion about the issue between Michael and myself.
> Michael thinks it's normal, I think it's a bug in LCL.

Small correction: I don't think it is 'normal', but I do think one
never should rely on this behaviour :-)

At the very least, all widget sets should react in the same manner:
if the TEdit.OnChange event is not fired in GTK 1, it should not fire
in Windows or GTK 2 or Mac either.

And the latter is demonstratably not the case now; So this should
definitely be fixed.

Michael.