[Lazarus] Where is form instance being NIL'ed

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:44:26 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Mattias Gärtner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> The variable pointer is not stored, so can not be set to nil by the LCL. Afaik
> it is the same with the VCL.
>
> Why not set it to nil in TForm.Destroy?

That ties the class to a external instance variable.  I thought there
might be a more elegant way of handling this.  But if there isn't,
then that's what I'll have to do. :)

Is that the recommended method of handling non-modal forms in Delphi as well?

Regards,
  - Graeme -