[Lazarus] How to avoid mixing components/lcl from various lazarus versions?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Oct 17 17:23:08 CEST 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:55:26 +0200
Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es> wrote:

> I have some additional components installed.
> Some of them are outside of the lazarus tree (no problem with those),
> and some of them are provided with lazarus but not installed by
> default. When I build the ide, I use lazbuild to have all my
> components installed e.g.:
>
> make clean bigide LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2 && ./lazbuild -B --build-ide=
> --widgetset=gtk2
>

> The problem is that lazbuild uses files  ~/.lazarus directory, and
> there the paths for all components are absolute and point to the
> previous lazarus directory, so if I do the above I end up mixing
> components (and, yes, even the lcl) from the new and the previously
> compiled lazarus. Now I edit all files under ~/.lazarus to replace
> the old path with the new one, but sometimes I forget to do it.
> Is there a simpler and/or more automated way?
> Do I really need to edit all files or is it enough to edit
> idemake.cfg?

You can use a second config directory. The --pcp option tells the IDE
and lazbuild what config directory to use. Default is $HOME/.lazarus.

Make a copy of your .lazarus (e.g. .lazarus2)
Change the paths in .lazarus2. For example via the ide:

./lazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus2

Then you can rebuild the IDE with:

./lazbuild --pcp=~/.lazarus2 -B --build-ide=

The widgetset gtk2 is the default since 0.9.27 so you don't need to
give that option.

Mattias