[Lazarus] New about dialog in 0.9.27 (svn trunk)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 15:24:07 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>> So I suggest disable resizing and thus fix both problems at once ;-)
>
> No, that would be a workaround. The controls should not flicker. It's a
> bug somewhere.

Correct.

> BTW, fixed dialogs are against our design guide lines.

That is good to hear. There is nothing worse than adjusting your DPI
setting or Font, and then half the text aren't visible and you cannot
resize the form.  Good decision Mattias!  :-)

Example:
I have a Vodafone 3G modem that came with dialup software (control
panel thingy). On my laptop under Windows I run at 1920x1200 so have
to use DPI of 120-130 read decently. With the 3G software, most of the
dialogs are useless and the text and buttons etc are off screen and I
can't resize the dialogs!! Idiots!

Regards,
  - Graeme -