[Lazarus] Main menu hiding

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 17:46:09 CEST 2008

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> 0.9.25 compiled for Win-32 running on NT allows you to hide and unhide a
> form's main menu depending on the visibility of the items on the menu,
> i.e. if nothing's visible on the menu then it doesn't take any space on
> the form.
>
> When compiled for gtk running on Debian "Sarge" x86 the menu is hidden
> as a thin strip which expands to its full height when items on it are
> made visible but cannot be hidden again.

I was hoping that compiling Lazarus on Debian "Lenny", which I believe
is oriented towards gtk v2, would fix this. However it appears to
require the libgdk-pixbuf-dev package which still appears to be based on
gtk 1 and appears to install libglib1.2-dev as well as possibly
splurging symlinks into /usr/lib.

I tried building for Qt but Debian is still on v3.5 rather than v4, and
fpgui also failed.

I've got nothing against gtk 1 as such, but am interested in seeing if
this menu problem is tied to a particular widget set since it impacts on
some stuff I'm trying to lay out.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk