[Lazarus] Laz 0.9.27 uses 0.9.26 settings (when it did not before)

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:02:07 CEST 2008

Hello Vincent,

VS> Use the --pcp=/path/to/settings/directory (--pcp is short for
VS> --primary-config-path) command line option. See also
VS> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Multiple_Lazarus#The_config_directory

VS> Maybe you can propose a text to add to the release notes.

Something seems to happend with the wiki search engine, a few days ago
I spend two hours searching the wiki for this parameter (I know that
it exists but forget the name) and I put a bunch of keywords in the
search box like "config directory" and many others using the alias
"folder" for directory. Also browsed the installation process without
any luck and finally found it reading the source code.

Almost all my searchs end in the "Lazarus FAQ" but for sure none took
me to the "Multiple Lazarus" page. Even searching with google for
"config directory" does not took me directly :(

Is there anything we (the users) can do to get better wiki search
results ?

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun