[Lazarus] How to mimic MWSnap's "Window Information" feature on X11

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 23:36:01 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:48 AM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> AFAIK the original c header files are UTF-8 encoded.
> Maybe the translation utility did some conversion.

That's probably what happened then.

> Lazarus opens it as ISO-8859-1, which allows even some basic editing
> without loosing/destroying data.

Most editors don't have issues opening that file, but if you browse it
you can see the odd characters (quite a few) that seems out of place.
"kwrite" makes them easy to spot - it highlights them with a ? on a
black circle. In Lazarus IDE they mostly appear as a 'A' character
with a small circle above it. I don't believe that was in the original
C header file.

Regards,
  - Graeme -