[Lazarus] Bugreport 0012403

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Fri Oct 24 18:09:29 CEST 2008

Mattias Gaertner pisze:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:13:09 +0200
> Bogusław Brandys <brandys at o2.pl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> bugreport http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=12403
>>
>> In radiogroup.inc there is a method called procedure
>> TCustomRadioGroup.UpdateItems;
>>
>> inside is created strange FHiddenButton of class TRadioButton.
>> It of course adds to the list of controls of TRadioGroup even if it's
>> hidden for use usage. I don't know what it is, presumably some hack.
>>
>> Please explain what is the purpose of this hidden Tradiobutton ?
>
> The purpose was to support ItemIndex=-1 on gtk1.
> You can remove the hidden button, when the gtk intf can live without.
>
> Mattias

Does it mean that under gtk1 always one button must be selected ? Is
this a limitation of gtk1 ? If so, can you propose a way to create this
hidden button only for gtk1 ? Maybe it could be moved  to widgetset
level (with empty implementations for other platforms) or any simpler
solution exists ?

Boguslaw