[Lazarus] How to mimic MWSnap's "Window Information" feature on X11

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:39:21 CET 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Funky Beast <funkybeast at pacific.net.sg> wrote:

> You might get some hints for XQueryTree from here:
> http://www.roard.com/docs/cookbook/cbsu19.html

Thanks for the link, but that example is just like all the others C
code examples I found. XQueryTree returns a PPWindow type. A pointer
to a pointer which is apparently some form of an array of TXWindow.  I
have no clue how to access the elements of that array. And simply
doing  ret_children^[n] results in a compile error.  :-( But I see
XQueryTree also needs to be called recursively, so I guess there isn't
much difference in my method using XQueryPointer.

Regards,
  - Graeme -