[Lazarus] Rotating a bitmap

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 27 14:48:46 CET 2008

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Reenen Laurie wrote:

> I had a similar problem... Eventually I moved on to GLscene...
>
> Though obviously it's probably not at all what you want to do, but it's
> pretty easy to rotate things there. :-)
>
> obj.rollangle := obj.rollangle + 90;
>
> You can use an orthogonal camera if you don't want / need the perspective.
>
> You can even let it "slowly" rotate using a cadencer, but let's not jump the
> gun here.

All I need is to display a text at a 90° angle. Since GTK 1 doesn't
support rotated text (hint hint), I draw the text on a bitmap, rotate
that 90 degrees and display the bitmap, when I detect GTK1 as a widget
set :-)

Requiring OpenGL for this would be slightly over the top, I'm sure you'll agree :-)

Michael.