[Lazarus] Lazarus Custom Tools issue under Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 08:18:28 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Under Linux everything works fine - the UI Designer loads the current
> editor file and displays the form to be edited. Under Windows there is
> a problem. The main form of the UI Designer doesn't display for some
> reason, but the Object Inspector form does.

I searched the Lazarus IDE code and saw that it launches the custom
tool via a TProcessUTF8.  I just used the standard TProcess class and
did the following under Windows.  It worked perfectly, so I gather
that confirms there is a bug in Lazarus IDE somewhere.

var

  p: TProcess;

begin

  p := TProcess.Create(self);

  p.CommandLine := 'C:\Programming\fpGUI\uidesigner\uidesigner.exe'

    + ' ' + 'c:\Programming\fpGUI\examples\gui\animation\anim_test.lpr';

  p.Execute;

end;

Regards,
  - Graeme -