[Lazarus] 0.9.26 (FPC 2.2.2) on Slackware and Debian

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 19:31:50 CET 2008

Henry Vermaak wrote:

> i see.  i personally just tend to build a package and wait for ld to
> spit out something like '-lsomelib not found', then i go and install
> libsomelib-dev and try and build again.  it doesn't really take long,
> since you don't have to make clean every time, so it will just link.
> and lazarus doesn't depend on many packages anyway.

I agree, that's the way I've typically worked as well. However now that
both Debian and Lazarus are in a transitional state between gtk1 and 2
and since I was in a position where I could dedicate a machine to the
problem for at least a few days I thought it was worth sorting things
out in a controlled fashion.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk