[Lazarus] Impossible to debug with Lazarus IDE

mitya boyarintsev mityasoft at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 07:48:36 CET 2008

> Properties can not be showed by gdb. For FView.RowCount try
FView.FRowCount to
> show the field if it exists. There is no workaround for array properties
> because a call to the read function would be necessary to get the value
which
> is not supported by the provided FPC debug info. It is dangerous anyway
> because the getter could have side effects

Do i understand you right? MSEide cannot resovle properties as well? I've
installed MSEide, but after building a project, MSEide did not start
debugging for some reason. So could not actually see debugging alive. (It
seems like i've missed something with configuration)

Anyway. What about OOP debugging? let's say we have 2 classes
TA = class(TObject)
  function Value: Integer;
  procedure Method; virtual;

TB = class(TA)
  procedure Method; override;

If i'm trying to debug B.Method, will debugger be smart enough to evaluate
.AValue call inside B.Method correctly?

While Lazarus debugger doesn't have enough debug info, it could use
CodeTools to create the proper evaluation expression.