[Lazarus] configure tools: show output of command

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at t-online.de
Fri Oct 31 17:44:35 CET 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Martin Schreiber <fpmse at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Correct. MSEide can not access property values. Fortunately prepending the
> property name with 'F' usual works because of the naming convention.

That was a handy trick. I managed to debug my program in Lazarus IDE
yesterday, using that method. Thanks.

> Calling a property getter function is dangerous because the function often
> does more than simply return the value.

I do not think that matters much. Properties are a fundamental
language feature in Object Pascal and are used often, so the debugger
must support it. Plus the code you are debugging doesn't care what's
happing in the Getter method, it is only concerned with the result
returned. So if the result return is not what you expected in that
code location, then debug the Getter method or step into the Getter
method. This worked for Delphi and Kylix from the start.

Regards,
  - Graeme -