[Lazarus] Lazarus & Databases under OSX

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Sep 1 08:42:52 CEST 2008

En/na Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> I asked this on LAzarus Forums, but I will ask on this way too.
>
> I need to do some little projects using SQLite and Firebird (probably).
> I would like to run this applications on Windows&Mac.
>
> I tried to install ZeosDBO without success, getting the error:
> Users/glpunzi/desarrollo/Lazarus/ZEOSDBO-6.6.3-stable/src/plain/ZPlainLoader.pas(97,22)
> Fatal: Can't find unit libc used by ZPlainLoader

[...]

> Lazarus and FPC are the stable versions. 2.2.0 for FPC, and 0.9.24 beta
> for IDE.

I'd suggest using fpc 2.2.2 and a snapshot of lazarus. I'm using the
same combination (zeosdbo-6.6.3 with sqlite, fpc 2.2.2, svn lazarus)
under windows and linux (alas, no osx) with apparent[*] success.
If you don't feel like compiling lazarus from svn, you can find the
snapshots here:
http://www.hu.freepascal.org/lazarus/

[*]I've only done limited testing with a relatively simple project where
I previously used the svn version of zeos.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004      Fax +34 93 5883007