[Lazarus] LoadLibrary on WinCE

Pavel Řezníček cigydd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 21:16:27 CEST 2008

Could anybody tell me why the following fails ?

uses ..., gtk2, glib2, gdk2;

var
  GdkWindow     :PGdkWindow;
  GtkWidget     :PGtkWidget;
begin
  GtkWidget := pointer( Form1.Handle );
  GdkWindow := GtkWidget^.window;
  if GDK_IS_WINDOW(GdkWindow) then memo1.lines.add('Is Window');
end;

I know the GtkWidget is correct, as reading 'GtkWidget^.name' returns
the correct data (Form1)
GdkWindow is filled from the GtkWidget (not NIL) - correct or not I dont
know
What I have found, is that any 'Gdk_Window' operation on the data from
GtkWidget^.window fails

The form is showing and focused (realized), and I have tried
'gdk_window_get_toplevel(GtkWidget^.window)' as well - also fails

I am beginning to feel that Gtk/Gdk/xWin is for propeller heads flying a
lot higher than me :)

any thoughts at all appreciated

SteveG