[Lazarus] Showmodal trouble

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 14:30:54 CEST 2008

On 9/17/08, Sebastian Kraft <sebastian_kraft at gmx.de> wrote:

>  But sometimes when I click on the Mainform behind Form1 Mainform comes to
>  front and Form1 is hidden behind it.... I am using GTK2 widgetset from svn.

Under Linux, Modal forms and "stay on top" are simply requests to the
window manager. Not all windows managers are equal, and will not
always act on your request.

You will find that in the case of Modal forms, you might be able to
click and bring focus to other non-modal forms, but you shouldn't be
able change anything in those forms.

What Window Manager are you using?

Regards,
  - Graeme -