[Lazarus] Showmodal trouble

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Wed Sep 17 16:21:31 CEST 2008

Sebastian Kraft pisze:
> Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2008 14:30:54 schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
>> On 9/17/08, Sebastian Kraft <sebastian_kraft at gmx.de> wrote:
>>>  But sometimes when I click on the Mainform behind Form1 Mainform comes
>>> to front and Form1 is hidden behind it.... I am using GTK2 widgetset from
>>> svn.
>> Under Linux, Modal forms and "stay on top" are simply requests to the
>> window manager. Not all windows managers are equal, and will not
>> always act on your request.
>>
>> You will find that in the case of Modal forms, you might be able to
>> click and bring focus to other non-modal forms, but you shouldn't be
>> able change anything in those forms.
>>
> exactly... all other forms are disabled. So if I loose focus on my modal form
> it is quite difficult to bring it back because the modal form is not in
> taskbar...

That recalls me similar bug under Windows (I suspect it is regression
because long time ago when I coded OnMinimize/OnMaximize events it was
working well) - if you show modally dialog or form and close it focus is
not returned to previous one (even if it's main form), so working using
keyboard is very difficult now.

Regards
Boguslaw