[Lazarus] Dear developers, we need your help before releasing 0.9.26

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at quicknet.nl
Sun Sep 21 11:54:54 CEST 2008

Mark Morgan Lloyd schreef:
>>> Is there somewhere more appropriate that I should be posting or
>>> discussing this? I'm very inexperienced in the arcane ways of formal bug
>>> reports etc.
>>>
>> For discussion bug, this is the best place. The bug tracker is a bit
>> memory (it is easier to look up things), but not the right place for
>> debugging.
>
> Using fpc 2.2.3 compiled without optimisation I appear to get the same:

If you want to spend some time on it and know a little assembler you can
  get the assembler source by using the -al compiler options.

So I would do the following:
* compile the LCL: make lcl
* remove the lcl/units/sparc-linux/graphics.ppu
* recompile the graphics unit: make lcl OPT="-al"
* inspect the graphics.s file and look for line 230 of pen.inc to see
what causes the sigbus.

Vincent