[Lazarus] Flickering problem

Bogusław Brandys brandys at o2.pl
Mon Sep 22 09:02:51 CEST 2008

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> If you want to spend some time on it and know a little assembler you can
>   get the assembler source by using the -al compiler options.
>
> So I would do the following:
> * compile the LCL: make lcl
> * remove the lcl/units/sparc-linux/graphics.ppu
> * recompile the graphics unit: make lcl OPT="-al"
> * inspect the graphics.s file and look for line 230 of pen.inc to see
> what causes the sigbus.

I'll see what I can do, but not necessarily this evening. My SPARC
assembler is about as strong as hospital tea.

The "good" news is that this might be SPARC-specific- I've just got
0.9.25 compiled and apparently running on an ARM (little-endian) system,
again based on Debian "Etch". However I can't do much real work on this
platform- compilation on the hardware available is somewhat sluggish and
while I've got some higher-spec boards (or could cross-compile) it all
takes time which is in short supply.

I'd like to get a big-endian ARM system running as well but I can't
promise this in finite time. Is anybody else currently testing Lazarus
on a big-endian system?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk