[Lazarus] ide enhancement - method or cursor location belongs to what class?

Sayyid Ibnu Husein Alatas ibnuhusein.lists at ymail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:06:33 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way to quickly see what class I am currently in without
loosing my current position in the source code?  I was thinking of
maybe some editor shortcut that could display for a few seconds the
classname in the top right corner of the editor and then simply fade
away. Is this possible? Is there already something similar in Lazarus
IDE or another way of know what class I am currently in?

ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:

Why not to use the Status bar for that ? It also can remain there as
long as you inside the method etc.

Firstly, I propose the "Code Explorer" also includes "Classes" item containing tree of available classes.

Secondly, I propose the current active class has a different color from others.

By the way, the "Code Explorer" has been rename to "Structure" in Delphi 2009, and it has a shortcut, that is Shift+Alt+F11. Why don't implement the shortcut?

In regard to ik's view, I think it will survive just for a moment since the details on status bar likely to increase in the future.

Best Regards
Sayyid Ibnu Husein Alatas