[Lazarus] ORM in Lazarus / Freepascal

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:00:00 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

> It does not require fblib; I use it with SQLDB in a commercial app.

Correct. FBLib was one of the persistence layers and was enabled by
default for Free Pascal / Lazarus. It has now been disabled by default
and SqlDB (which is included with Free Pascal) is now enabled by
default.

I have used both FBLib and SqlDB persistence layers in tiOPF in our
commercial applications. But at the moment we switched everything to
SqlDB.

> Maybe there is a released version, but I don't know about that.

And I'm sure it's pretty old. :-(  I would rather suggest fetching the
Trunk revision. tiOPF has a very stable code base (even in Trunk) due
to its hourly run testing framework under Windows and Linux.

Regards,
  - Graeme -