[Lazarus] Large program size - 1.8 MB for empty GUI project

Héctor Fiandor Rosario hfiandor at infomed.sld.cu
Fri Apr 3 00:03:19 CEST 2009

Dear Igor:

I had the same problems, but I remedy following this rules:

I prepare a .bat with three sentences as follow:

strip.exe LoadExcelFile.exe
upx.exe LoadExcelFile.exe
LoadExcelFile.exe

and in the same folders where are all the files there are this two: strip.exe and upx.exe (a compactor)

I execute the program with Ctrl+F9 and when finish, I go to the  folder and execute the .bat that first take out all the debuggings instrucctions, compact the .exe and finnally, excute it to see how it works.

Generally, the .exe files take 500 to 800 kb, depending how many images.

let me know your advances,

yours,

Ing. Héctor F. Fiandor
hfiandor at infomed.sld.cu