[Lazarus] Permission denied error with Firebird SS on OSX

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:54:09 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> To add a user (for example, “sparky”) to the firebird group, the root
> user needs to
> enter:
>   $ usermod -G firebird sparky

Arg sh*t!!!!!

Remember to add the -a parameter! Otherwise you get removed from all
other groups not specified.
eg:
   $ usermod -a -G firebird sparky

Anybody how I can restore my 'graemeg' user on the Ubuntu Linux server
to be part of the 'sudoers' list again.  I can execute anything via
'sudo' and by default the 'root' account is disable in Ubuntu.  Maybe
rebooting into single user mode would give me root access. Dammit!!!

Regards,
  - Graeme -