[Lazarus] OT: Namespaces?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 20:28:27 CEST 2009

Mattias Gärtner schrieb:

>>> why aliases units names are required?
>> E.g. when you have multiple third-party units of the same name.
>
> Isn't that already supported by the 'in' modifier? For example:
>
> uses unit1, unit1B in '../test/unit1';

Heureka :-)

While Delphi 7 requires that the unit name matches the file name, even
when using IN, and AFAIR allows for IN only in the project file (*.DPR),
FPC imposes no such restrictions.

Now we can go on-topic: While FPC already supports true unit alias,
Lazarus (code completion...) cannot handle unit1B in your example :-(

DoDi