[Lazarus] update [Re: Code Folding mess and Code Divider feature]

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Apr 10 16:56:26 CEST 2009

Alexander Klenin wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 22:10, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>

>>> 3) 'Folding'/'Divider' buttons are slightly confusing. Maybe it is
>>> better to make common list
>>> of language constructs with additional 'Fold' checkbox, and make it
>>> visible only when needed?
>>> Alternatively, how about at least using PageControl instead of two buttons?
>>>

>> I don't like the page control to much, I tried it....
>> The more likely solution (and feedback shows it will be needed) is to
>> have 2 complete independent pages in the tree on the left.
>>
>> Patches are welcome, I have some other stuff that I currently prioritise
>> at a higher level
>>

> Sorry, no patch from me, but I can create an issue if you want.
> I have no problems with a separate page,
> but why do you reject a common list? It seems the best solution to me.

Dividers initially could only be set at places where a fold ended. Now
they can be set at places, even if the place is not configured as the
end of a fold. So they are a separate feature.

Divider-Locations also is a different list than Fold-Locations, so
sharing the same list, would be confusing.

>>> 4) Some combinations result in two dividers drawn separated by and empty line
>>> (e.g. after the last procedure and before the initialization section).
>>> IMHO in such cases
>>> only one divider should be drawn
>>>
> [skip]
>
>> Simple drop them would not work for people who have them in different
>> colors (ok ,I do not honestly believe this is an issue)
>>

> BTW, don't you think that per-type divider coloring is an overkill?
> Perhaps a single color on Colors page would be sufficient?

Not necessarily.
For Example (I use this) I have a normal grey (same as right/80-column
border) for procedures (procedures at top-level.
But I use a lighter grey for nested procedures. So I can see the
difference between nested and top level procs.

Also I plan further extension which will make the colors more useful.
Have to find the link again, I had it in a previous mail about the topic.

Martin