[Lazarus] TFilestream raises exception class 'External SIGSEGV'

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:16:13 CEST 2009

2009/4/14 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Vincent Snijders
> <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What do you suggest instead? Remove the tag and tag again? Or is
>> deleting a directory under tags not allowed in GIT either?
>
> Tags should be created after a release has been announced.  Before
> that, a Branch should be used.

Another school says that you need to build releases from a tagged version.

> I have no idea if SubVersion supports deleting or moving tags.

Updating a directory under tags, isn't that moving tags?

Deleting the directory under tags, isn't that deleting tags?

The difference between tags and branches does only exist in the naming
convention, nothing more.

> What worries me now with the current tags in Lazarus, is that they
> don't have a clean history (specific snapshot in time). You wouldn't
> expect to do a 'svn up' after you checked out a tag - so some users
> might be missing those extra commits / merges.  You also can't re-tag
> by simply using the last merged revision, because the history is not
> sequential any more.  I'm not sure what would happen if you created a
> new branch (using original revision of tag) and recreated what some of
> those tags do, then re-tag the branch and then delete the branch...
> Can you do that?  The joys of tags and branches under SubVersion!  :-(

Sure, I enjoy it. -)

> In future I would recommend using branches and when a release is
> announced, then only create a tag.

Cumbersome.

Vincent