[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Apr 14 17:24:16 CEST 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
> >
> > Even in CVS - the mother of all revision systems - a tag could be moved,
> > so there also it could be that you had to do a cvs up on a tag.
>
> Software evolves (hopefully) and we should not repeat prior mistakes.
> ;-)  See my previous post.

You miss the point, namely that a 'tag' is just a convention between
people. Nowhere it says that a tag should be set in concrete to last
unaltered for eternity. Every versioning software available provides
a means to set a 'tag', and leaves it up to the users how to interpret
'tag'.

I for one would never use software that makes a tag irrevocable:
Errare humanum est...

Michael.