[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:56:03 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 03:30, Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
> Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Florian Klaempfl
>> <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>> And what if someone realizes that one patch is missing?
>>
>> Well, is that not what "release canditate" or stable branches are for?
>> Users at least expect updates and backports of patches in a branch.
>> Then test, test and test! Once everything is working, create a release
>> tag based on that branch.
>
> If you think it's so easy, be our guest to coordinate an fpc release :)

I think this particular case is nothing to worry about. It is clear that
tag moving is an exception made due to unfortunate coincidence.

As a general issue, IMO the "Discussion" section of git-tag manpage
summarizes the case for correct tag usage very nicely ;-)

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-tag.html

--
Alexander S. Klenin