[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 15 15:44:37 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Florian Klaempfl
> <florian at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>> start the release process. 2-4 months later if anything is broken,
>>> merge and patch that branch at will. Test again
>> Did you ever working on testing a lazarus or fpc release?
>
> Do you mean... have I tested a release candidate when it was
> announced. It so, then the answer is yes.

The answer is no, you never saw the things behind the scenes.

> Prohibit all read/write access developers from
> writing to tags. "pre-xxxx" branches will work perfectly and once all
> release builders are happy, THEN ONLY create a tag.

The last time: everybody was happy, FPC 2.2.4 was uploaded and a day
before it was announce, a serious *SECURITY HOLE* was detected, so we
decided to bite the bullet and decided to fix, rebuild and move the tag.
Now I stop it, you don't get it. But I see, you would have skipped
2.2.4, started over again with 2.2.6-rc1 and delayed the release of a
new fpc version another 4 months ...