[Lazarus] revision numbers of each SVN tag?

Doug Chamberlin dougchamberlin at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 16 01:26:58 CEST 2009

What if, in response to a last-minute show stopper bug, the scheduled
release was immediately superseded by another one with a higher release
number? What would be the harm?

Do you really think that anyone likely to use these programs (FPC and
Lazarus) would not be sympathetic and understanding about what happened
and readily accommodate themselves to the fact that release x.y.z had a
1-day lifespan and that usable releases went from x.y.z to x.y.z+2?
Especially if the explanation was readily available?

It's not like we are running out of release numbers or anything...

Also, I don't buy the argument that doing this would delay the new
release another 4 months. After all, it would be the exact same code
being released under the "move the tag" scenario so no additional delay
would be needed.