[Lazarus] Code Observer notes

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 21 10:45:36 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:20:55 +1100
Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) The name is good, if somewhat reminiscent of market-speak.
>   "Buy our Lazarus -- now with Code Observer (tm)" ;-)
>
> 2) The body of empty procedure is superfluously detected as empty
> block.

empty procedures can contain comments.
I don't see a problem with listing a completely empty block in two
categories.

> 3) Perhaps 'Create' and 'CreateFmt' should be added to the list of
> functions ignoring constants?
>   raise Exception.Create('Error text') is a common construct.

As Paul said, these are normal texts and are therefore not in the
default list. If you use them otherwise you can add them to your
personal list.

> 4) I still think ' ' (space) should be added to the list of ignored
> constants -- for those who prefer to turn single-char constant
> detection on.

Why ' ' and not #10 or #13 or #0?

> 5) 'Show Code observer' group box should better be named 'Show
> observations'
>
> 6) Some kind of sorting is necessary for the observations in the box.
> Perhaps at least alphabetical?

A patch is welcome.

Mattias