[Lazarus] Invalid component names

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 19:54:58 CEST 2009

Gabor Boros schrieb:

> Dynamically created components have empty name after creation on Win32
> too. This thing is true for Delphi too. This is normal I think.

Right, I was misleaded by different settings in my various test
projects. Only forms get an unique name, and this works in Lazarus as
well as in Delphi.

So the remaining question is: How to assign unique names to dynamically
created components? Does there exist an immediately usable method or
function?

Empty names seem to be harmless, but every attempt to assign an
non-empty and already used name to a component results in an exception.

What's the scope (list of names...), within which every component must
have an unique name?

DoDi