[Lazarus] Latest RTL, FCL and LCL online docs

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:55:24 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, the description is now much better (clearer).  I still have
> problems though. Can I use a symlink'ed docs directory? The layout is
> still as I shown in my previous email, but I get the following output.

OK, clearly for some very strange reason symlink'ed folders are NOT
allowed.  I removed the /opt/fpc/src/docs symlink and copied the
fpcdocs_svn directory into /opt/fpc/src/

Then I ran 'make rtl.chk' and it worked!  :-)

Then I ran 'make fcl.chk' and it failed!  :-(

=========================
/opt/fpc/src/fpcdocs_svn $ make fcl.chk
../utils/fpdoc/fpdoc  --package=fcl --warn-no-node --descr=fcl.xml
--content=fcl.xct --import=rtl.xct,../rtl/     --descr=iostream.xml
--input="-S2 ../packages/fcl-base/src/iostream.pp"  ......
   [ ****** cut lots of text so I can email the output *****]
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.2.5 [2009/03/13]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, sg at freepascal.org

An unhandled exception occurred at $080CD8D9 :
EFileNotFoundError : ../packages/fcl-base/src/ascii85.pp
  $080CD8D9
  $080CDCF4
  $080493A8
  $08049931

make: *** [fcl.chk] Error 217

Ah, now it's actually reporting a missing unit. ascii85.pp doesn't
exist in FPC 2.2.5.  Any ideas how I can make it works without using
FPC trunk?

PS:
  I'm working on some minor improvements to the fpdoc.css file as
well. It doesn't have any formatting for definition lists.

Regards,
  - Graeme -