[Lazarus] Editor font disturbed after upgrading to r19705

Martin Friebe lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Apr 30 12:56:00 CEST 2009

Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded my Lazarus from r18956 to r19705  on Win9x.
> When I started Lazarus the font in the code editor had become almost
> unreadable (too small, appr. 5 pt.)
>
> I tried to adjust the font in using the appropriate dialog, but I
> could not get it as it was before.
> I then copied the editoroptions.xml from what used to be my "stable"
> version and applied it to r19705, so I was sure they both used the
> same fonts.
>
> However the r19705 renders the chosen font very differently.

It looks to me like it uses a different font. certainly it looks like it
believes the font was proportional (that is why you get the odd spacing,
because SynEdit forces it into a grid).

The last font-related changes in synedit where in revision 185xx (so
before your last good revision).

I haven't got  Win9x, so I can't test. On XP it looks fine.

Maybe you could put some debugln into Synedit.SizeOrFontChanged and see
which font is really used? Otherwise I have no idea.

Regards
Martin