[Lazarus] Editor font disturbed after upgrading to r19705

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 23:30:28 CEST 2009

On 4/30/09, Martin Friebe <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> It looks to me like it uses a different font. certainly it looks like it
>  believes the font was proportional (that is why you get the odd spacing,
>  because SynEdit forces it into a grid).
>
>  The last font-related changes in synedit where in revision 185xx (so
>  before your last good revision).

>  Maybe you could put some debugln into Synedit.SizeOrFontChanged and see
>  which font is really used? Otherwise I have no idea.

I can certainly do so, but in which unit is this method?

I wrote a small test program that has a synmemo and a memo
It sets the fonts of  both the memo and synmemo the same
and then queries their names etc and writes them in the editcontrols
below (see attachments)

In r18956 when setting the font (via fontdialog) to Courier New 10
point normal you see that the fonts look exactly the same in synmemo
and memo (normal_couriernew.png).
In r19705 they look very different indeed (bug_couriernew.png).

So at least it looks like the synmemo thinks it's font is courier new...

>  I haven't got  Win9x, so I can't test. On XP it looks fine.

I tested the compiled programs under XP and they behaved normally (and
absolutely the same): the courier new font looks OK and the same in
synmemo and memo.

So we have a win9x specific bug?
(Delphi with a tsynmemo and a tmemo behaves just fine on my win9x system)

Bart
Bart