[Lazarus] r21114 - "Invalid type cast" when opening dialog in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Thu Aug 6 12:17:40 CEST 2009

Martin wrote:
> Maybe you know, maybe not, anyway, just a tip.

Maybe not! :-)  I must *really* take the time to learn to understand and
write regex. Any tips on how I can learn regex? A good book or article
on the internet?  Is there a tool that one can use to test/debug a regex
before running it for real? I work under Linux, but I guess a Windows
tool will do as well - as long as it can run under WINE.

> Reordering params, etc: I often use regular-expesion search. (needs a
> bit of experience)

Damn, why have I not mentioned my problem 2 days ago! ;-) You would have
saved by hours of repetitive cut and paste sequences.

> match: AssertEquals\( *('.*?'), *(.*?), *(.*?)\);
> replace: CheckEquals($2, $3, $1);
>
> I use No-Confirmation, replace single instance => and use F3, so I see
> each replacement as it was done.

I guess I answered by own question about testing a regex before I run it
for real. Using the "confirm before replace" in Lazarus's "Search and
Replace" dialog, it gives me a preview of what the replacement is going
to look like. Nice.

> Additionally you can use "alt-m" while being on a word, to keep this
> word highlighted, even if you move the cursor away.

Ummm... that is handy. Thanks!

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/