[Lazarus] Text selection not visible in "find in files" dialog

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Wed Aug 5 11:29:44 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> That's what I thought, but a small test project with the exact same
> TComboBox setup as in the "Find in Files" .lfm file - my test project
> worked. I noticed the issue is in the standard "Find..." dialog as well.

You need to put a combobox on a form, show that form modally twice.

> So from the bisect results, it is r19936 that causes the issue. I'll
> file a bug report with this information.
>
> Looking at the r19936 I can't see anything obvious that could cause the
> error, but I double checked. r19935 works and r19936 doesn't, so it is
> definitely that commit.

I committed a fix in r21102. Paul hinted he fixed a similar thing for TEdit, I found
that in r20127. Now I wonder how for many other components the SetColor needs to be
adjusted too.

IMHO r19936 exposed a bug in the SetColor methods in the interface. But I do wonder
if it is correct that we call SetColor in the interface if the color is the default
color. So maybe the wcfColorChanged flag should only be set, if the color is not the
default color.

Vincent