[Lazarus] Can't connect to FPC site

Hess, Philip J pjhess at purdue.edu
Thu Aug 6 23:28:23 CEST 2009

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I would think that 'poor fingers' is more appropriate.
> RSI is a common ail for programmers...

True! I try and help were I can. I got an ergonomic keyboard at home (MS
Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000) and bought a special keyboard for work
(Enermax Aurora) which makes typing effortless. The later is like a
laptop keyboard but normal size - which I much prefer over standard
desktop keyboards. I also switched +-3 years ago to Programmer Dvorak
keyboard layout. This helped a lot! I rest often - which has the
downside that I consume way to much coffee. :-) And I only work on LCD
screens. So I try...

I'm clearly not alone this thought. Here is a website mentioning the
same thing.

http://sharathrao.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/numbers-in-my-life-rightleft-click-edition/

Here is his results:
============================
I have data for 12 days from Nov 9, 2006 to Nov 21st, 2006.

Average keystrokes per day – 41060

Average left clicks per day – 3250

Average right clicks per day – 490

So there, roughly 6.6 times more left clicks than right clicks, and 12.6
more keystrokes than left clicks.

I have the exact plot here, but rather noisy I would say.

At the rate of 40000 keystrokes a day, for 300 days a year, for the next
35 years, aah, makes it 420 million keystrokes.

I think I will top those keystokes....  I'll google for an app tonight. :-)

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/