[Lazarus] intended behaviour of crDefault cursor on GTK?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Aug 13 17:35:51 CEST 2009

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>> crDefault (at least on Windows) is supposed to show the Systems
>> default for wherever the cursor is.
>
> IMO crDefault means that the actual shape of the cursor is not
> determined by the control under the cursor, but instead the control's
> parent cursor is used (recursively). When even the form and Screen
> uses crDefault, the current system cursor is used (arrow, hourglass...).
I used to thing that do. But I am sure it isn't:
- Delphi does not fall back on the parent neither (ok no proof...)
- It would not make sense: put a TEdit (crDefault) on a TPanel => then
the edit would have to follow the panel, but it wishes to show the IBeam
still.

And about screen cursor. It is not a fallback for default. If
screen.cursor is set to none crDefault, it overrides all other cursors
(at least thats the windows implementation of the LCL.