[Lazarus] Multi-threading support in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Aug 14 11:57:38 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> Or am I missing some crucial point?
>
> 3 idle cores on a quad core CPU. Why pay for a quad core, if Lazarus
> + FPC use only one? I am still waiting during a compile and those 3
> other cores are idling. Let them to part of the work to get the job
> done faster. ;-)

+10 :-) My new computer is on order and will arrive next week. Quad Core
with 4GB memory. A huge upgrade from my current P4 2.4Ghz with 1GB memory.

I would like all my cpu cores to work as hard as they can! So I can code
faster. ;-)

> P.S. I couldn't resist not helping in this discussion. It is nice to
> have an active mailing list not about unicode.

Yes, it is a pleasure not having to do the SVN vs Git thing either. :)
Did I mention Git uses multiple threads for log, diff and delta packing
if a multi-core cpu is detected. [...Graeme runs and hides behind his
desk...]

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/