[Lazarus] Multi-threading support in IDE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Fri Aug 14 14:02:34 CEST 2009

Martin Schreiber wrote:
>> From the MSEide config dialog, I gather MSEide also launches the
>> FPC compiler in a separate process and not built into the MSEide?
>>
> Yes. It can also call gcc and parse the error messages. Also possible

So how did you resolve the async process issue that Lazarus is
experiencing under Linux? Or does running the compiler process (TProcess
style) via a separate thread bypass the issue of TAsyncProcess that
Lazarus IDE is using. That means MSEide doesn't need a TAsyncProcess
type component?

If so... Mattias, could Lazarus IDE be modified to run the compiler
TProcess in a separate thread. And then another thread which filters the
compiler output to the Messages window. Or is that a huge task?

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/