[Lazarus] Problem with Includes during Design Time

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Aug 15 17:52:52 CEST 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:03:31 -0500
Andrew Brunner <andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I get this error message when I'm in the IDE and try to double click
> any component on the form instance.
>
> TCodeToolManager.HandleException: "include file not found
> "uTempSearchUserInteractionDefinitions.inc"" at Line=78 Col=7 in
> "/mnt/Developer/Source/Projects/SCS/uStorage.pas"

Where is uTempSearchUserInteractionDefinitions.inc?
What is the exact file path?

> My -Fi options and Other Sources Options both contain
>
>    $Env(BUILD_SOURCE_STORAGE_SCS)/
>
> Pulled from ENV
>      BUILD_SOURCE_STORAGE_SCS=/mnt/Developer/Source/Projects/SCS/Stored

There is a directory "Stored" at the end, that is not in the above file.

> This just started happening... I would assume right after I had edited
> the project using the Project Inspector... I wanted to remove those
> auto-assigned units from the main project file.

What do you mean with auto-assigned units?

> I can build the project just find... I just can't do anything with the
> main form in Designer IDE...
>
> uStorage.Pas and the INC file are located at BUILD_SOURCE_STORAGE_SCS
> path which is confirmed in the environment variable.

If the include file is in the same directory as the file that contains
the include directive (I guess this is here the case), then it should
find the include file even without any search path.
Unless you added some subpath to the include directive or the case does
not match.
What is the exact file name of the unit, the include file and what
exactly is your include directive?

You can see the include search path of every file in source editor's
popup menu / file settings / unit info / include paths.

> What could cause the CodeToolManager to throw this exception and place
> the curser in the uStorage.pas unit at that line even though the paths
> are established?
> The only thing I had done before that was to clean up (remove) some
> units from the main project using the project inspector that were
> automatically added to the project.

Mattias