[Lazarus] Lazarus has unique font sizes

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Aug 15 19:04:29 CEST 2009

> - Setting size selects the point size of the font, no matter what the DPI is.
> - Setting height sets the pixel size of the font, and then the correct point size
>   is calculated (using DPI) so the height is reached.

So it does work the following way:

2.) If I use positive values, it's just the number of pixels height
(which could be different measured in millimeters on different screens)

1.) If I use negative values it would be the same size (in millimeters)
on all screens. The number of pixels would be calculated by using some
information about the DPI on the screen

Is that true? Does Free Pascal calculate the number of pixels if I start
my program on different screens?