[Lazarus] Problem with Includes during Design Time

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:54:52 CEST 2009

>> Yes.  It was b/c uStorage.pas was a unit added to the project itself
>> which in turn resulted in the path being added the include paths.  And
>> when I go to the project inspector I can duplicate the error EVERY
>> time by removing the uStorage.pas unit from the project.
>
> This is not a bug, it is a feature.
>
> Otherwise your project will not be portable.
>
>>[...]
>
> Mattias

Ok.  So if the project paths includes the ENV variable then why would
the unit need to be added to the project?  This is not good.  On a
Windows Build the path to that folder will be different than it is on
Windows.  And as I understand the problem now, I will be required to
add the uStorage.pas into the project and maintain a different project
for each build machine.

I'm looking to get this system up and running and as automated as I
can.  Having to manage multiple projects for the same compile is IMO
not portable enough.  What can I do to remove the unit from the
project but still have Lazarus not crash every time I click on a
component - and I am asserting that this is not a feature - it's a
flaw.

However, once the project is developed I *would* be able to bypass
Lazarus on the official build machines - right?  Meaning the entire
premise for my discovery of this problem is that I am using $ENV() for
establishing libraries and includes so that I can maintain many
different native builds for x64 and 32 Windows and Linux and MAC.

> Otherwise your project will not be portable.

Could you explain to me as to why a project is portable by not
respecting my $ENV pointers in Lazarus's Compiler options GUI for the
specific feature of "include paths??