[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE help and Application help formats

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Mon Aug 17 16:44:06 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Nowhere could I find a wiki page describing how I can implement such
> help for my own applications. Hence the reason I believe it is not
> currently possible.

The closest I could find was the "examples/helphtml" project include
with Lazarus. I am using Linux. I compiled the project and ran it.
Pressing F1 as the two TEdit boxes describe or by clicking the Help
button, nothing happens. My web browser did not open and now custom
viewer that gives mi Search, Index and Keyword support was shown either.

Seeing that those two help components are not documented anywhere on the
wiki or the CCR website (the later only has skeleton fpdoc help), I have
no idea if they are actually in a working state or ready for enduser usage.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/