[Lazarus] IDE editor's NoteBook component problems

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg at opensoft.homeip.net
Tue Aug 18 13:29:15 CEST 2009

Vincent Snijders wrote:

> Do you claim, that with a normal screen, there is not enough space to put the tabs
> vertical (on the left) and then you have to scroll vertically?

I quickly hacked my IDE to show what I mean.

http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/laz_notebook_right.png

Here I have an LCD screen with standard 1440x900 resolution. I currently
have 13 units open in the editor with space for about 3 more units
before scrolling occurs. So that's 16 units open and no scrolling in the
editor window. I also  have some remaining desktop space to the right of
the editor, which is cropped in the screenshot. So I can even resize the
editor more if I wanted to.

Oh, and I have the Message Window Doc plugin installed, which allows me
to dock my Messages window onto the Editor window, to save on a bit more
space vertically.

Regards,
   - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/