[Lazarus] codetools tooltip showing method visibility

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Aug 18 17:23:32 CEST 2009

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many times I am working with large classes that are much bigger than
> what is visible in the editor view. Is there any way the tooltip shown
> over a property or method can include visibility information?
>
> That way I can simply hover the move over a method or property and see
> if it is protected or public etc...

While not as nice, there is a way.
right click the fold gutter (assuming you have folding at class-sections
enabled)

The menu will list all parent fold-nodes .

Ideally I would like to add a capability to list this path in the status
bar (instead of the file name).
But that will require some more work, because the fold happens at the
keyword (e.g. procedure) but such a path-info would require the name of
the procedure (easy if it's on the same line, harder if it is on another
line.

Martin